25 October 2009

Flying

I am going to be flying again in the next couple days. I feel like since I graduated from college I have done a lot of flying. I prefer flying to driving any day! Well technically I prefer flying alone to driving alone. Apparently I am alone in this thought. This article on "Why People Aren't Flying" is an interesting look at the numbers of people flying and motivations behind the drop.
I especially like what he says about riding the train. Having done my share of train hopping in Europe I can honestly say I think train travel is fantastic. If America was smaller and trains cheaper I would take them all the time.
As for the other argument on the hassle of air travel. Well I don't really see it. Of course I always pack light and carry on. Plus I print my boarding pass and check-in before hand. Then all I really need to do is hop on the plane. I have found that to be pretty easy. Almost as easy as the train!

No comments: