01 July 2009

The Paradigm Shift

There is a joke in my family about "paradigm shifting". The joke isn't about the concept of radically changing the way you think by reevaluating your basic assumptions. The joke is about using cliches and phrases instead of just saying what you mean. That being said... I think I am having a paradigm shift.
I can't articulate it yet but things are definitely shifting.
To aid in your own small shift watch this video. It really made me re-think how I should approach the world.

Additionally check out the wikipedia article on Paradigm Shifts (fast fowarded to the marketing speech sub-heading).

2 comments:

I was once called...Sunshine Tornado Cloudy said...

That video was the best 4.5 minutes I spent all day. He's totally right! And this really is one of the most spoiled, selfish, whiney generations ever. Thanks for sharing. I loved it.

Marcee said...

SOOOOOO true! Eric and I just laughed and laughed (this is why you should blog!) THANK you for sharing. I loved it! Made our day!

(Eric is reminiscing about rotary phones and calls costing money...he sounds more and more like dad each day...)